Position: Trainee Dog Grooming Assistant.
Start date: Tuesday 16th March 2021.
Working Hours: Tuesday – Friday (7.5 hour shifts) & alternating Saturdays (6 hour shifts)
Wage: £4.60 – £7.00 per hour (dependent on age & experience)
I am looking for a hard working, reliable, intelligent, enthusiastic & empathetic individual to join the Lovely Pups team as a trainee dog grooming assistant.
The role of a dog grooming assistant is to prepare each dog before handing them over to be styled.
This will include:
- Prepping your station;
- Welcoming clients;
- Assessing a dog’s coat for any special requirements (matting, skin issues etc);
- Bathing the dog;
- Drying & brushing out their coat to a high standard
This is a demanding job, so it’s essential that applicants have the following skills in place. Further training will provided in the salon.
- Have excellent dog handling skills – we cater for various sizes & temperaments, from puppies to large breeds. You will need to be able to adapt to the dog on your table.
- You will need an understanding of various dog breeds & mixes.
- You must have a keen desire to improve & develop your knowledge & abilities.
- Customer service & retail experience is preferred.
- You will need to be ready to support me in keeping the salon clean & tidy. It can be a very messy job so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- You must be unafraid of challenges & have a cool head. Working with animals can be very unpredictable.
- I would prefer it if applicants have completed a Pet First Aid Course.
Previous jobs/experience that will help your application:
- Kennel Assistant;
- Dog walker;
- Dog trainer;
- Training in City & Guilds Level 2 Dog Grooming Assistant (or equivalent).
To apply, please email Lianne at: firstname.lastname@example.org & be sure to include your CV.